The most thrilling part of a Powerstroke is the smoky or grey air that comes out of the engine. Isn’t it?
But, most people do not know how to roll coal in a 7.3 Powerstroke. Although, there are various methods like installing a chip, getting a smart junior tuner, and so on.
All you need to do is to apply all the procedures of these methods cautiously. So that you can perform this thrilling action to achieve a desirable result.
Different Methods on How to Roll Coal in a 7.3 Powerstroke:
Haven’t you tried before making the black smoke, have you? There are numerous ways people use to adapt to formulate black or grey color smoke.So, by following the given methods step-by-step you can experience the rolling coal:
Using High-Pressure Oil Pump (HPO):
Some people use HPOP to stimulate roll coal in their big vehicles. As it is the heart of the fuel delivery system in 7.3 Powerstroke. So, trail down the following steps to roll black smoke:
- Firstly, drive about 40 mph (miles per hour).
- Secondly, excite the fuel injectors by pressing the oil from HPOP.
- There you go, you will get a big puff of black smoke.
Isn’t it an easy way to enhance your thrilling experience of rolling coal?
Using Unburnt fuel for air ratio:
Another method people use is to stimulate unburnt fuel to the diesel injector. In this case, you may see a glimpse of black smoke or it may last for some more time. So, what you need to do is:
- Firstly, put the pressure on the go pedal hardly.
- In this way, cylinders get a lot of diesel from the fuel injector.
- In the beginning, the turbo may not increase the air ratio but later it will start increasing it because of some unburnt oil.
- Next, this unburnt fuel goes down into the exhaust pipe.
- There, in this exhaust pipe, the fuel heats up and turns black in color.
- Lastly, you should raise rpm (Resolution per minute) up. That’s all. You can see a lot of smoke in your Powerstroke.
It is the easiest way to formulate enough fuel-air ratio through a proper unburnt oil. Still, it may be for a few seconds or may last for a few minutes.
Using or Installing a TS Chip:
Using a programmer or a chip is a dominating method of rolling coll. Because it can produce plumes of black smoke out of your vehicle.
So, by simply following the given steps you can get the desired fume;
- Firstly, remove both battery cables (positive and negative). This first step is very, very important. Otherwise, if you do not remove both battery cables you will burn your PCM (power-train control module). So, before installing the chip do remove your batteries. YOUR PCM MUST NOT GET POWER IN ANY CASE.
- Secondly, you need a TS Chip, a scotch-Brite pad, and a switch.
- Thirdly, go to the firewall on the driver’s side underneath the hood of the truck and unhook the PCM wiring harness. Afterward, step inside the cab and reach underneath the console. There, you can see the two seven metric bolts that hold the PCM. So, remove it also. And, take out the PCM from the box.
- Fourthly, clean the contacts of the PCM to attach the chip. For this purpose, you need scotch-Brite to clean it. If you do not clean it properly it will not connect to the chip properly.
- Afterward, make a hole in the cover of PCM for the wire of the switch.
- Next, route your switch wire through that hole and install this switch into the chip. Also, place the chip with the PCM.
- After this, place the PCM box back into the cab under the console.
- Now, comes the six-position switch. And it has six positions on a washer under it that changes position.
- Next, pull off the switch’s knob. Attach the switch to the panel and place the knob again. Make sure to attach the switch tightly to the panel.
- Lastly, place your panel back and start making plumes of fumes.
So, if you want a chip installation method then make sure you have done it rightly. Still, if you want a dynamic roll coal experience. Run after to install TS Six Position Chip.
Using bigger Injectors:
Another famous method people apply to roll coal is to use some powerful bigger injectors. But you would need a lot of dollars. For this purpose, trail down the following steps:
- Firstly, install a bigger in your Powerstroke.
- In this case, you may also need a tuner for it. Because they can boost power and increase fuel mileage.
- In this way, the smoke transmission goes up in the air due to heavy power stock.
- Finally, you will be able to see the blackish smoke coming out.
Using more Fuel:
Some of the drivers make the right mixture of air into the fuel. Moreover, black smoke results from more fuel instead of more power. Most of the people ignore the cold air built up. But, it is actually helpful in forming a great bowl of black smoke. Like:
- Cold air is denser and helps to boost power also.
- So, by installing a programmer you can manage to turn the power up and down.
- This can help in formulating hot and cold air at the same time. That results in rolling coal.
To cut it short, all of the above-stated procedures require some precautionary measures. For instance, you need to unplugging battery cables in the installation of the PCM. What is necessary the most, is to follow those measures. Now you are the expert in how to roll coal in a 7.3 Powerstroke?